Are you thinking of becoming a UK citizen? Or would you just like to learn about the history and culture of Britain for fun?
At our school or online
You can learn through our self-paced, self-learning lessons for a fixed fee or you can learn face to face with a teacher online per hour.
Life in the UK Preparation Course
Are you finding the Life in the UK Test hard? Have you already taken the test and failed?
At The Berkshire School of English we are offering Life in the UK Test preparation classes.
- Pass Life in the United Kingdom Test
- 40 hours of tuition
- Bite-size information
- Chapter contents explained
- End of course mock Exams
- Access to many Practice Tests
Our Life in the UK course has been designed especially for students who struggle with their English.
The course makes a great deal of information manageable, choose a daytime or evening course and join anytime.
Life in the UK course
Our course helps prospective candidates to understand the Life in the UK Test book, classes are conducted in a friendly atmosphere, taking into consideration people who find it hard to study on their own.
Everything you need to know to pass Life in the UK test. The official study materials were published by the Home Office in 2014. Any tests taken on or after 25 March 2013 are based on the information found in Life in the United Kingdom: A guide for new residents 3rd edition.
Our classes focus on the above-mentioned official handbook. The topics covered are the testable chapters and include:
- The process of becoming a citizen or permanent resident
- The value and principles of the UK
- Traditions and culture from around the UK
- The events and people that have shaped the UK’s history
- The government and the law
- Getting involved in your community
English Language Assessment to test the candidate’s fluency in English (must be ESOL Entry 3 Level or above). This means that the candidate must be able to hold conversations on an unexpected topic’ and should be able to read and understand English.
Method of Assessment:
Mock tests will be held after the course. We highly recommend that candidates take this course before booking their On-line Test. The tests are conducted at government test centres of the candidate’s own choice.
Students must book and take their test at designated government test centres.
- Life in the UK Test: Fast Facts
- The test consists of 24 multiple choice questions
- Questions are chosen at random by the computer
- The test duration is 45 minutes
- The applicant must answer 18 out of 24 questions correctly to pass (75%)
- The test costs £50
- The test is conducted at approved Home Office Test Centres across the UK
- Preparation Classes Enrolling now!